Where: Harry Myers Park
815 East Washington St.
Rockwall, TX 75087
When: Saturday, May 7, 2011 at 10:00am
The fence is up, grass is down, and fountains are ready for Rockwall dogs to get out and play in their new park!
Bring the canines and the kids to the Grand Opening of Rockwall’s first ever off-leash dog area! Meet the volunteers behind this great project and enjoy Rockwall’s newest park.
Meet Rockwall Animal Services staff and Rockwall PAWS members and volunteers.
Ribbon Cutting at 11:00 am.
New to off-leash parks? Important rules & suggestions include:
- Never leave your dog unattended.
- Keep an eye on your dog as much as possible.
- Dog should be wearing current license & rabies tag on its collar.
- Be prepared if an animal services officer asks to see your dog’s shot records.
- Puppies under four months old haven’t received enough inoculations to protect them from potential diseases.
- First-time visitors should visit the park at off-peak times. Late afternoons until dusk and around 9:30 a.m. on weekends are heavy-traffic times.
- Bring supplies like water, poop bags & towels
- Remove your dog’s leash as soon as you enter the park. Leashed dogs may feel threatened when greeted by off-leash dogs [source: Dogpark.com].
- Keep moving. Dog experts say this will keep the off-leash area neutral territory.
- If your dog has an aggressive temperament, consider consulting a professional before using the park.
- Don’t bring your dog’s beloved personal toys. Dogs see anything new brought into the park as open for their own enjoyment. Your dog will become protective and may take offense at sharing.
Water fountains, trash (poop) bags and receptacles are available at the park. Please be courteous and clean up after your dog! Help make the Rockwall Dog Park the best place to hang out with your canines and their new friends!
We look forward to meeting you at the park!
Sharon Lewis (Rudy, Taz & Charli)